Wednesday 3 November 2010

Different stereotypes in FAU

Ok, when I got into my career I wasn't comfortable with the stereotypes because  in my generation I had a lot of different people around, some girls likes japans fashion, comics and music, more over they wore stranger cloth, the hair, anything. I remember one of them because she usually uses long nails with shiny colors. That' is why some classmates made fun of her... that wasn't nice.

I also had a dark classmate, he was Felipe, he looks like a rock star, his jeans was a mess, the t-shirts always black and one ring for every finger. Now he use more colors, his jeans are not split and he had a hair cut.
At my second year when I got into industrial design (the first year is common to graphic and industrial design) I meet new classmates, some ones was really nice and makes me feel comfortable, but other persons were very rude and competitive, they don't care about your feelings or friendship, they only want be winners at all. And to get it they were determined to do anything...


I think that the persons who made me laugh were the hippies classmates, they were very relax. Sometimes I spoke them and they couldn't answer because they were "happy" and didn’t even know their names.

5 comments:

  1. CARO!

    I also put my atention in FAU, but especifically in the difference between the three careers. In your blog there aren´t anything about geography or arquitecture students, and they are part of the faculty too. I think that you have to consider not only design students if you want to talk about stereotypes in FAU.

    It´s only a advice

    Bye Caro!!
    see you in the next class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was little I saw my classmates as true monsters (1998), But the fashion has passed thankfully(2010). In my faculty too is terrible competitiveness for this reason is very difficult to make real friends but I think it's because the talent is the subject of much ego and not because people are necessarily bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolanchaaaaa!
    the dark classmate and the girl who had the long nails were my classmates too??? or i am not right???
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ajajajj .... Designers (according to the geographers) are extrafalarios dressing ... They use things that we would not be able to use. But each to his madness.

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may say that I'm a dreamer
    "But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one"

    Long live to happy hippies

    ReplyDelete